Let’s talk some fashion fun this Wednesday, shall we? Mmmmmkay.
1. I know I’ve previously alluded to the Alex and Ani bangle craze that’s swept the Northeast, and it’s still going strong. Last time I was home, my mom gave me this little guy as a “Congratulations on running your first marathon” gift. She’s the sweetest.
I’m really loving these bangles and have my eye on a few others:
because I can’t get enough of pretty feathers,
because the name of my game is “all things nautical.” And life is just better on boats/at lakes/by the ocean/in the water.
2. Have you heard of Everlane? If you haven’t, well, you should! This sweet site has a customer-focused mission to eliminate the “middle man” of markup in the production and sale of clothing — so basically, you’re getting close-to wholesale costs. Pretty sweet deal — especially considering their products seem really great. I have the Weekender bag in Olive (and also bought the gray one for my brother), and we both totally dig it:
I really like their Ryan tees too — I’m all about supersoft comfort over here. I used to love to dress up when I first moved to NYC; now, I try to spend as much time in gym clothes and sweat pants as possible. In or out of the apt.
3. Vests. This year, I think I’m on the market for a fun wintry vest. Every time I think of these items, however, I’m thrown back to my 15-year-old self sporting a huge, ridiculous, puffy J. Crew reversible number (black and metallic silver… yeah that’s right) and thinking I was the coolest thing ever. Thank God my fashion style has evolved. And thank God J. Crew has, as well.
I’m feeling these two Burton numbers:
Burton’s jade Starr Vest
and their ultramarine Battery Vest
4. Bondi Bands. I fell into the indecision trap (story of my life) at the Mohawk Hudson marathon expo when faced with the insanity that was the Bondi Band tables: massive piles of these fun-patterned (or sweat-wicking in non-fun patterned solids) headbands that all us runners dove into. I snagged 3, as they were 3 for $20 (normally $8 a band), including these two (minus the creepy silver heads):
I wore the sweat-wicking band during my marathon and I reallllly liked it. They’re super lightweight and totally absorb sweat. Big fan of these babies. Give me a fun headband or trucker hat, and I’ll give you another great reason to put off washing my hair. Sold.
5. Knee-length running socks. Love these guys! I have one similar pair of Under Armour socks that I love to wear running outdoors in the cold weather, and I’m definitely looking to add to my collection this year. Cute, warm, comfortable, and I swear they put some pep in my chilly-run steps.
Favorite clothing items for the cold weather?
Favorite online shopping sites? Please share ’em!