linking back up with these Friday party gals for today’s theme:
please take note of the fact that this is pic i took a few weeks ago near my parents’ house. love it up there in the snow.
1. running. you can take “Winter” out of this post and it’d still be at the top of my list. fave every season activity. i’m especially loving running outside this (almost) Winter so far, now that i’m braving the dark and it hasn’t been super cold yet.
one of my best memories of Winter running: stopping to pose with my bro as i ran the NYC Half in March 2013. still love him extra much for getting out of bed way earlier than he likes to come cheer me on.
2. snowboarding. although i haven’t had a single regret over moving back to NY from Colorado, i do miss CO snowboarding like crazy. one of my fave things to do. i’ll still go on the East Coast, but it just doesn’t compare.
some of my best riding days ever: March 2012, at Copper Mountain (look at that sky!!)
3. red wine. does this count as an activity? i think so, especially if you’re enjoying lovely conversation with your girlfriends or mom or a boy over some nice wine. i tend to be a seasonal wine drinker: more white/rose in the warm weather, more red in the cold (but let’s be honest, i drink all of it all year ’round)…so yes, i consider this a Winter activity, Hundo P.
4. going warm places. NY is cold in the winter. nobody likes to be cold for months on end (‘cept maybe penguins). i like to have a few warm trips sprinkled throughout my winter to give me something to look forward to. and to motivate me to get into bikini-ready mode way before Summer. oh and to mainly remind me that i won’t die before Easter.
on the radar for Winter 2015 so far: Austin, TX in January for my cousin’s bachelorette, and Boca & Miami, FL for my girl Alex’s birthday. prettttty dark stoked about both.
5. napping & reading. (because i love reading, but let’s face it — it usually ends up turning into a nap, sooooo they have to go together.) to be fair, i don’t do a whole lot of napping these days, but i love it. i’m a great napper. i could nap every day, for who knows how long. and when i go home to my parents’ house, forget it — it’s part of my daily routine. sleep 10 hours, go work out, take a 2 hour nap, repeat. it’s, like, a Shawna thing: my friends and fam all know i love to sleep. at night, during the day, in a car, on someone’s shoulder on the couch watching a movie…i’m good to snooze, anytime.
i’ve sent these two images to my bro and two close girlfriends within the past 24 hours and am pretty sure i wrote them when i was asleep and posted them on the internet:
happy Friday, my faves!! xo
What are some of your fave Winter activities?
Anyone snowboarders/skiers? If so, what mountains do you like best?